Intelligence in Communication Systems [electronic resource] : IFIP International Conference, INTELLCOMM 2004, Bangkok, Thailand, November 23-26, 2004, Proceedings / edited by Finn Arve Aagesen, Chutiporn Anutariya, Vilas Wuwongse.
- 1st ed. 2004.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2004.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 3283
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 3283
1 online resource (XIII, 330 pages)
- Computer networks.
Information storage and retrieval.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Communication Networks. (search)
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet). (search)
Multimedia Information Systems. (search)
Information Storage and Retrieval. (search)
Artificial Intelligence. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The 2004 IFIP International Conference on Intelligence in Communication S- tems(INTELLCOMM2004),heldinBangkok,Thailand,23-26November2004, was the successor and an expansion of SMARTNET, a series of annual conf- ences on intelligence in networks held during 1995-2003 under the auspices of IFIP TC6's Working Group 6. 7. The Internet and Web provide more connection facilities, hence the man-man, man-machine and machine-machine interactions will increase and communication will have an important role in modern s- tems. Inordertoobtaine?ectiveande?cientcommunication,artistic,socialand technical issues have to be tackled in a holistic and integrated manner. However, communicationtechniques,conceptsandsolutionswhichhavebeendevelopedso far treat these issues separately, so that there arises a need for communication researchers and practitioners in di?erent ?elds (engineering, science and arts) to meet, share their experience and explore all possibilities of developing in- grated and advanced solutions which incorporate ideas from such disciplines as communication arts, art design, linguistics, Web technologies, computer system architecture and protocols, computer science and arti?cial intelligence. INTELLCOMM 2004 was jointly sponsored by IFIP WG 6. 7: Smart N- works and WG 6. 4: Internet Applications Engineering and aimed to provide an international forum which brings academia, researchers, practitioners and s- vice providers together. The discussion areas covered the latest research topics andadvancedtechnologicalsolutionsintheareaofintelligenceincommunication systems, ranging from architectures for adaptable networks/services and Sem- ticWeb/Webservicestechnologiestointelligentserviceapplicationinterfaceand intelligent human interaction. INTELLCOMM 2004 received 112 paper submissions from 28 countries. From these, 24 were accepted, and are included in this proceedings. There were also 3 papers accepted for poster presentation, published separately.
- Keynote Speech
Intelligence in Communication Systems Evolution, Trends and Business Opportunities
Intelligent Routers and Smart Protocols
Conversational Knowledge Process for Social Intelligence Design
Triple-Space Computing: Semantic Web Services Based on Persistent Publication of Information
Mobility and Intelligence in Telecom: How and Where to Handle It?
QoS and Security
Trust Negotiation with Nonmonotonic Access Policies
Secure Many-to-One Transmission of q-ary Symbols
Efficiency Evaluation for Key Distribution Models in Satellite Terminals
Intelligent Communication System with NLP
Speed Compensation for Improving Thai Spelling Recognition with a Continuous Speech Corpus
Part-of-Speech Tagging Without Training
Context Adaptive Interaction with an Automatically Created Spoken Interface for Intelligent Environments
Efficient Resource Allocation for IEEE 802.15.3(a) Ad Hoc Networks
Intelligent Features Within the J-Sim Simulation Environment
Design Principles of a QoS-Oriented Transport Protocol
Location and Context Aware Services
Inferring Presence in a Context-Aware Instant Messaging System
An Implementation of Indoor Location Detection Systems Based on Identifying Codes
Just-in-Time Delivery of Events in Event Notification Service Systems for Mobile Users
Protocol and Application Architecture
Adapting Email Functionality for Mobile Terminals
Design Architecture and Model of MDVM System
About the Heterogeneity of Web Prefetching Performance Key Metrics
Semantic Web and Service Architecture
A Semantic Service Orientated Architecture for the Telecommunications Industry
On Using WS-Policy, Ontology, and Rule Reasoning to Discover Web Services
Preserving Referential Constraints in XML Document Association Relationship Update
ASMA: An Active Architecture for Dynamic Service Deployment
An XML-Based Framework for Dynamic Service Management
Flexible Middleware Support for Future Mobile Services and Their Context-Aware Adaptation
Network and Mobility Management
A Breadth-First Algorithm for Mining Frequent Patterns from Event Logs
Management Information and Model of GSMP Network Open Interface
Towards Service Continuity for Generic Mobile Services.
- Aagesen, Finn Arve, editor., Editor,
Chutiporn Anutariya, editor., Editor,
Vilas Wuwongse, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/b103336 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|