Documenting rebellions : a study of four lesbian and gay archives in queer times / Rebecka Taves Sheffield.
- Sacramento, CA : Litwin Books, 
- Series on gender and sexuality in information studies; no. 11.
Series on gender and sexuality in information studies ; Number 11
272 pages ; 23 cm.
- Sexual minorities -- United States -- Archives.
ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives -- History.
ArQuives (Organization) -- History.
June L. Mazer Lesbian Archives -- History.
Lesbian Herstory Archives -- History.
Lesbianism -- Archival resources.
Homosexuality -- Archival resources.
Archives -- Social aspects.
- "Documenting Rebellions is a study of four archives that were constituted with a common desire to preserve the memory and evidence of lesbian and gay people. They are The Lesbian Herstory Archives (New York), The ONE National Gay and Lesbian Archives (Los Angeles), the June L. Mazer Lesbian Archives (West Hollywood), and the ArQuives: Canada's LGBTQ2+ Archives (Toronto). Using a narrative approach that draws from first-person accounts and archival research, each chapter tells a story about how these organizations came to exist, who has supported them over time, and how they have survived for more than forty years."-- Provided by publisher.
Lesbian and Gay Archives in Queer Times
The ArQuives: Canada's LGBTQ2+ Archives
The ONE National Gay and Lesbian Archives
The June L. Mazer Lesbian Archives
The Lesbian Herstory Archives
Luck is Not a Sustainability Strategy
From Radical Archiving to Special Collections
Conclusion: Putting the Q in Lesbian and Gay Archives.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|