City eclogue / Ed Roberson.
- Berkeley, Calif. : Atelos : Distributed by Small Press Distribution, ©2006.
- Atelos (Series); 23.
Atelos ; 23
136 pages ; 21 cm.
- Cities and towns -- Poetry.
Cities and towns.
- "Ed Roberson was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In addition to writing poetry, he has pursued a variety of remarkable interests. He has worked as a limnologist (conducting research on inland and coastal fresh water systems in Alaska's Aleutian Islands and in Bermuda), and for a period he was employed as a diver for the Pittsburgh Aquazoo (training porpoises, among other things). He worked for a period in an advertising graphics agency and in the Pittsburgh steel mills. Twice Ed Roberson was a team member on the Explorers' Club of Pittsburgh's South American Expeditions, in which context he climbed mountains in the Peruvian and Ecuadorian Andes and explored the upper Amazonian jungle in eastern Ecuador. He has motorcycled across the USA, and traveled in Mexico, the Caribbean, and in Nigeria, West Africa. In recent years, he has been employed primarily as a teacher and as an academic administrator, most recently at Rutgers University and at Columbia College in Chicago."--Publisher's website.
- Pt. 1. City Eclogue
City Eclogue: Words for It
The Distant Stars As Paparazzi
As it crested the hill...
Sit In What City We're In
Place Lite By A Window
Pt. 2. Beauty's Standing
The building stood...
The flesh form of the city doesn't move...
Oceans through the crosswalk dipping a step...
That powerful level of segregationists...
(is 'im thux-ed fa we)...
The quiet of the house evacuates into the street...
We blink our eyes at any sudden noise...
I'm awakened thinking of men running...
On the other side of the idea...
He woke in a fight for his life...
Height and Deep Song
Pt. 3. The Open
In a flattened sea of housing brick rubble
in the waving Sargasso
a scrap of the skin bill...
Pt. 4. Ornithologies
42nd Street's Tunnel
Open/Back Up! (breadth of field)
Monk's Bird Book
Painting from Science for Hui Ka-Kwong
One In It's Oldest Body
Pt. 5. Her Movement Buried By The Moment in Occurrence
Smell of Scratch
Simple As One Two
Alpine Glow In Magritte Landscapes
The "State as Body" Aspect of Eunuch Rule
The Counsel of Birds
Ideas Gray Suits Bowler Hats Baal
When The Mornin' Come
Escape Training: Instructor's Flying Rappel
Not Brought Up
Someone Reaching Through A Window
The Slant Away When The Mind In Thought.
- Printed in an edition of 600 copies.
- Other format:
- Online version: Roberson, Ed. City eclogue.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|