All the joy you can stand : 101 sacred power principles for making joy real in your life / Debrena Jackson Gandy.
- First Edition
- New York : Crown Publishers, 2000.
xx, , 278,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- African American women -- Religious life.
African American women -- Conduct of life.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Power Principles. Clear the silt; Learn self-love; Make space; Free up energy in your life; Manage your energy; Know what brings you joy; Feed what you value; Invest your energy in what brings you joy; Learn to hold still; Simplify your life; Solitary refinement; Get back to nature; Take a personal retreat; Practice self-care first; Plug your energy leaks; Get ready, get set, grow!; The pleasure principle; Know the source of your personal power; Define yourself; Discover your sacred self; Adjust your attitude; Be present; Pay attention; Get conscious about your B. S. (belief system); Demonstrate spiritual humility; Change channels; Be aligned; Tell the truth; Get clear first; Purge and cleanse; Write on; Body esteem; Your body is a communication tool; What you feel you can heal; Create sacred spaces and places; Move more; Forgive yourself; Forgive others; Go with the flow; Surrender to divine order; Ride through the funk; Call your spirit back; Get grounded. Find your center; Let go; Evolve, release, or complete it; Face your fears; Exile guilt; Don't complain; Suspend judgment; Give and receive graciously; Ask and you shall receive; Is it a fit or a force?; Choice vs. reaction; Change it; Claim your gremlins; That which you are seeking is also seeking you; You can love from a distance; Turning points; Life cycles and seasons; Become a spiritual gardener; What the world needs now; Create intimacy with sisterfriends; Find your power pack; Pray and meditate; Cultivate your intuition; Understand the power of your spoken word; Insperience it; Be the architect of your life; Master manifestation; Redefine success; Rewrite the script; See your life as an unfolding story; Balance yourself; Recognize your gifts, talents, skills, and abilities; Know your ministry; Answer your calling; Free your creative genius; Appreciate your spiritual gifts; Strengthen your gratitude muscles; Listen carefully; Leap and the net will appear; Make powerful exits; Blessings in disguise; Traveling rules for life's journey; Your everyday survival kit; Life learnings; Tune in to radio station WGOD; Develop your prosperity consciousness; Be power-full; In-power your children; Become good friends with the "RE" sisters; Integrate renewal into your life; Become a sensuous woman; Be bold, bodacious, and succulent (BBS); Belly laugh; No more jerky moves; Celebrate; Build your own powerhouse; Be ready; Expand your joy threshold; Embrace your power.
- "Designed by Cynthia Dunne."
"Jacket design by Laura Duffy. Jacket illustration by Karen Barber."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|