Chunggugin kŏri = Chinatown / [chiŭni O Chŏng-hŭi ; omgini Peggy C. Cho ; kŭrini Nam Chu-hyŏn]. = 중국인거리 = Chinatown / [지은이 오정희 ; 옮긴이 Peggy C. Cho ; 그린이 남주현].
- Other Title:
- Elizabeth, NJ : Hollym, 2004.
- Hollym modern Korean short stories.
Hollym modern Korean short stories
151 pages : color illustrations ; 19 cm.
- Chinatowns -- Korea (South) -- Inch'ŏn -- Fiction.
Inch'ŏn (Korea) -- Fiction.
Korea (South) -- Inchʻŏn.
- Korean text and English translation on opposite pages.
- Korea was an arduous and painstaking place to live in after the nation's civil war. Incheon, one of the war's most famous backdrops, provides the setting for Chinatown, the story of life in one of the ubiquitous shantytown areas that dotted the Korean landscape at the time, and is a painfully real account of what many suffered through. It is also a grim tale of how Koreans, American soldiers and Chinese vendors failed to understand each other on any meaningful level.
- Cho, Peggy C.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|