Cancer and cancer care / Debbie Wyatt, Nicholas Hulbert-Williams.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2015.
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (624 pages) : illustrations
- Cancer -- Treatment.
Cancer -- Patients -- Care.
- Medical subjects:
Neoplasms -- therapy.
Patient Care -- methods.
- 'This book creates new ground for all health professionals working in cancer care to read, enjoy, look at and question their practice.' Caroline Adcock, Clinical Practice Educator - Haematology and Oncology, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Cancer and Cancer Care is a complete study of cancer, the care of people with the disease and its impact on everyday life. Addressing the physical and psychosocial aspects of the illness in detail, it covers all fundamental aspects of cancer diagnosis, treatment, survival and aspects of psychosocial support for all those affected by cancer: patients, their families, and their healthcare providers. Specialist chapters focus on the unique challenges of providing cancer care to populations with particular needs, including older adults; children and young people, those with learning disabilities and those with mental health problems. Every chapter includes: - A review of the latest theory and evidence on over 30 separate topic areas - Reflective questions which challenge readers to reappraise what they have learned - Chapter overviews and chapter summaries which highlight the key points - Further reading to support evidence-based practice and learning The book is essential reading for all those on cancer care courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It will be valuable reading for nurses, oncologists, psychologists, social workers and all healthcare practitioners and researchers working with people affected by cancer.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on XML content.
- Hulbert-Williams, Nicholas, author.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9781473920620 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|