Herculaneum and the house of the bicentenary : history and heritage / Sarah Court and Leslie Rainer.
- Los Angeles : The Getty Conservation Institute, 
- Conservation and cultural heritage; 10th v.
Conservation and cultural heritage ; 10th volume
168 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 26 cm.
- Herculaneum (Extinct city).
Italy -- Herculaneum (Extinct city).
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Italy -- Herculaneum (Extinct city).
- "This illustrated book provides a vivid account for general readers of the ancient Roman town of Herculaneum, destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 CE, including the town's ancient history, its rediscovery and cultural significance in modern times, and the ongoing initiatives aimed at preserving its legacy for future generations"-- Provided by publisher.
- In the Shadow of Vesuvius
The Town of Hercules
The Underground City
Excavation and the Open-Air Museum
Reading the Ruins
The House of the Bicentenary
Wall Paintings and Mosaics
Conserving a House and a Heritage
Ancient Town, Modern Town.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 166).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Orville H. Bullitt Classics Fund.
- Rainer, Leslie, 1960- author.
Getty Conservation Institute, issuing body.
Orville H. Bullitt Classics Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|