A tutorial on elliptic PDE solvers and their parallelization [electronic resource] / Craig C. Douglas, Gundolf Haase, Ulrich Langer.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM, 3600 Market Street, Floor 6, Philadelphia, PA 19104), 2003.
- Software, environments, tools ; 16.
Software, environments, tools
Software, environments, tools ; 16
1 online resource (xviii, 135 p. ) ill. ;
- Differential equations, Elliptic -- Numerical solutions -- Data processing.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- This compact yet thorough tutorial is the perfect introduction to the basic concepts of solving partial differential equations (PDEs) using parallel numerical methods. In just eight short chapters, the authors provide readers with enough basic knowledge of PDEs, discretization methods, solution techniques, parallel computers, parallel programming, and the run-time behavior of parallel algorithms to allow them to understand, develop, and implement parallel PDE solvers. Examples throughout the book are intentionally kept simple so that the parallelization strategies are not dominated by technical details.
- List of figures
List of algorithms
Abbreviations and notation
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: A simple example
Chapter 3: Introduction to parallelism
Chapter 4: Galerkin finite element discretization of elliptic partial differential equations
Chapter 5: Basic numerical routines in parallel
Chapter 6: Classical solvers
Chapter 7: Multigrid methods
Chapter 8: Problems not addressed in this book
Appendix: Internet addresses
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references (p. 125-132) and index.
Title from title screen, viewed 10/20/2010.
Description based on title page of print version.
- Haase, Gundolf, 1963-
Langer, Ulrich, Dr. sc. nat.
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Publisher Number:
- SE16 siam
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|