Spline functions : computational methods / Larry L. Schumaker, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania : Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM, 3600 Market Street, Floor 6, Philadelphia, PA 19104), 
- Other titles in applied mathematics.
Other titles in applied mathematics
1 PDF (xii, 389 pages).
- Spline theory.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- This book describes in detail the key algorithms needed for computing with spline functions and illustrates their use in solving several basic problems in numerical analysis, including function approximation, numerical quadrature, data fitting, and the numerical solution of PDE's. The focus is on computational methods for bivariate splines on triangulations in the plane and on the sphere, although both univariate and tensor-product splines are also discussed. The book contains numerous examples and figures to illustrate the methods and their performance. All of the algorithms in the book have been coded in a separate MATLAB package available for license. The package can be used to run all of the examples in the book and also provides readers with the essential tools needed to create software for their own applications. In addition to the included bibliography, a list of over 100 pages of additional references can be found on the book's website.
Computing with triangulations
Computing with splines
Macro-element interpolation methods
Scattered data interpolation
Scattered data fitting
Applications of spherical splines.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Title from title screen, viewed 5/20/2015.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, publisher.
- Publisher Number:
- OT142 SIAM
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|