Business chemistry : practical magic for crafting powerful work relationships / Kim Christfort, Suzanne Vickberg.
- 1st edition
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
1 online resource (307 pages)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- A guide to putting cognitive diversity to work Ever wonder what it is that makes two people click or clash? Or why some groups excel while others fumble? Or how you, as a leader, can make or break team potential? Business Chemistry holds the answers. Based on extensive research and analytics, plus years of proven success in the field, the Business Chemistry framework provides a simple yet powerful way to identify meaningful differences between people’s working styles. Who seeks possibilities and who seeks stability? Who values challenge and who values connection? Business Chemistry will help you grasp where others are coming from, appreciate the value they bring, and determine what they need in order to excel. It offers practical ways to be more effective as an individual and as a leader. Imagine you had a more in-depth understanding of yourself and why you thrive in some work environments and flounder in others. Suppose you had a clearer view on what to do about it so that you could always perform at your best. Imagine you had more insight into what makes people tick and what ticks them off, how some interactions unlock potential while others shut people down. Suppose you could gain people’s trust, influence them, motivate them, and get the very most out of your work relationships. Imagine you knew how to create a work environment where all types of people excel, even if they have conflicting perspectives, preferences and needs. Suppose you could activate the potential benefits of diversity on your teams and in your organizations, improving collaboration to achieve the group’s collective potential. Business Chemistry offers all of this--you don’t have to leave it up to chance, and you shouldn’t. Let this book guide you in creating great chemistry!
- Machine generated contents note: VI. Forward (by Punit Renjen, Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited) 1. CHAPTER 1 The Power of Chemistry 13. CHAPTER 2 Lay of the Land BUSINESS CHEMISTRY CORE 19. CHAPTER 3 PIONEERS Value Possibilities and Spark Energy and Imagination 29. CHAPTER 4 GUARDIANS Value Stability and Bring Order and Rigor 39. CHAPTER 5 DRIVERS Value Challenge and Generate Momentum 49. CHAPTER 6 INTEGRATORS Value Connection and Draw Teams Together 62. CHAPTER 7 Recognizing Others Through Business Chemistry "Tells" 81. CHAPTER 8 Using Business Chemistry Responsibly BUSINESS CHEMISTRY ELECTIVES 91. CHAPTER 9 What about Introverts and Extroverts? 103. CHAPTER 10 Stress, Career Aspirations, and Other Headlines 129. CHAPTER 11 Nature or Nurture? (And Other Timeless Questions) BUSINESS CHEMISTRY APPLICATIONS 151. CHAPTER 12 Pioneers in Hell.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Vickberg, Suzanne, 1971- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|