Irvin Yalom in session : Luke / Irvin Yalom, MD.
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2017.
- Irvin Yalom and the art of psychotherapy
1 streaming video file (62 minutes) : digital, sound, color.
- Existential psychotherapy.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Often clients come to us in the midst of making difficult but important life decisions. As therapists we are often torn between wanting to assist them in making these decisions, but not wanting to fall into a purely problem-solving mode--because if we stay at a surface level, engaging in a rational discussion looking at pros and cons, then we are likely missing out on important undercurrents at play. Only by helping them gain greater awareness of these undercurrents can we be working with a full deck, so to speak, thus helping them make a truly informed decision that brings their full range of thoughts and feelings into play. In the case of Luke, you'll see Yalom help Luke in only two sessions gain a much greater awareness of the factors causing him to struggle with the decision over getting a vasectomy. Insightful discussions with his son Victor, and voiceover commentaries during the sessions, give viewers insight into how Yalom conceptualizes his work with Luke, the rationale for his interventions, as well as general principles for conducting psychotherapy using an 'existential lens.'"-- Supplied by publisher.
- Featured expert: Irvin Yalom.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Instructor's manual available for download on landing page.
A Psychotherapy.net production.
- Yalom, Irvin D., 1931- commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 398 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|