Mental health in hospitals and treatment centers : managing aggression and delusions / Brad Hagen, PhD, RN.
- Other Title:
- Managing aggression and delusions
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2015.
- Mental health in hospitals and treatment centers
1 streaming video file (23 minutes) : digital, sound, color.
- Mental health.
Aggressiveness -- Treatment.
Delusions -- Treatment.
Manic-depressive illness -- Treatment.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "In this two-part video, mental health care providers demonstrate how to work with aggressive and delusional patients in a hospital setting. Host Brad Hagen presents two vignettes that contrast novice and proficient work with a man distressed at his wife's hospital bed, and a delusional young man in a residential treatment center. Here, you'll witness the palpable difference that assertive communication, establishing safety, and empathy can bring to a charged interaction. By watching this video, you will learn about the challenges of working with delusions and verbal or physical aggression; understand how novice interventions can inadvertently exacerbate aggressive or delusional inclinations; and identify proficient skills and interventions that diffuse potential danger and preserve a client's dignity. Intended for students and practitioners in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, and related health professions." Supplied by publisher.
- Featured expert: Brad Hagen, PhD, RN.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Original copyright Exploration Production Incorporated, ©2003.
- Hagen, Brad, commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 301 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|