Tres madres : structural therapy with an Anglo/Hispanic family / Harry Aponte, LCSW.
- Other Title:
- Structural therapy with an Anglo/Hispanic family
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2013.
1 streaming video file (60 minutes) : digital, sound, color
- Alcoholism -- Treatment -- Case studies.
Family psychotherapy -- Case studies.
Systemic therapy (Family therapy) -- Case studies.
Child psychotherapy -- Case studies.
Hispanic American families -- Case studies.
Parenting -- Case studies.
Sleepwalking -- Treatment -- Case studies.
Psychic trauma -- Treatment -- Case studies.
Conflict of generations -- Case studies.
Depression, Mental -- Treatment -- Case studies.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "In this training video, Harry Aponte demonstrates structural family therapy with a family suffering from multigenerational trauma and the effects of alcoholism. The family originally seeks help for their 8-year-old daughter, who is having trouble sleeping and is exhibiting symptoms such as night terrors, sleepwalking, and unexplained crying at school and at home. Aponte shifts the focus from the little girl to the center of the family: Lori, the 25-year-old mother. He moves thoroughly through the family's complicated situation, asking about each person, each relationship, and each person's role. Together they identify Lori's tendency to isolate, self-protect, and feel resentful and angry about all the burdens she carries. By the end of the session, Lori expresses hope about living her life in a different way. Includes a follow-up discussion with the referring social worker. Intended for students and practitioners in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, and related health professions." Supplied by publisher.
- Featured expert: Harry Aponte.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Original copyright and publication by Golden Triad Films, Incorporated, ©1990.
- Aponte, Harry J., commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 230 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|