7 skills for addiction-free living : assertiveness / Robert Alberti, PhD.
- Other Title:
- Seven skills for addiction-free living
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2011.
- 7 skills for addiction-free living
1 streaming video file (111 minutes) : digital, sound, color.
- Substance abuse -- Treatment.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "In this training video, Dr. Bob Alberti teaches the nuts and bolts of assertiveness skills. Alberti explores this topic with the help of a live studio audience of men and women grappling with different issues in the stages of recovery from substance abuse. Through role-plays and discussion, he teaches a step-by-step process for how to become a more assertive person, demonstrating respect for yourself and the other person. Exercises focus on essential aspects of assertiveness training such as nonverbal behavior, saying no, using "I" messages, and, most importantly, remembering that you have a right to stand up for yourself. You will learn techniques and strategies that will give people in recovery choices on how and when to be assertive, and enable them to navigate challenging life situations without compromising their self-respect and commitment to recovery. Intended for students and practitioners in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, and related health professions." Supplied by publisher.
- Featured expert: Bob Alberti.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Original copyright Allyn and Bacon, ©2002.
- Alberti, Robert E., commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 192 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|