Gestalt therapy with children / Violet Oaklander, PhD.
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2007.
- Child therapy with the experts
Child therapy with the experts
1 streaming video file (107 minutes) : digital, sound, color.
- Gestalt therapy -- Case studies.
Play therapy -- Case studies.
Child psychotherapy -- Case studies.
Adolescent psychotherapy -- Case studies.
Art therapy -- Case studies.
Arts -- Therapeutic use -- Case studies.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "In this training video, Gestalt child therapist Violet Oaklander conducts an actual counseling session with a 13-year-old boy who has difficulty expressing anger. Oaklander gauges the boy's level of contact throughout the session and provides openings for him to show cut-off parts of himself. She then collaborates to develop real-world strategies for ongoing expression of his difficult emotions. You will develop an understanding of the key concepts of Gestalt child therapy, including evaluating the child's contact level and helping the child identify and express emotions. Jon Carlson and Don Keat introduce Dr. Oaklander and facilitate an in-depth discussion of the further impact and uses of the model. Intended for students and practitioners in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, and related health professions." Supplied by publisher.
- Featured experts: Jon Carlson, Don Keat, Violet Oaklander.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Original copyright Allyn and Bacon, ©2002.
- Oaklander, Violet, commentator.
Carlson, Jon, host.
Keat, Donald B., host.
- Publisher Number:
- 046 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|