Treating alcoholism in psychotherapy. Volume 1, The developmental model in action / Stephanie Brown, PhD.
- Other Title:
- Developmental model in action
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2006.
- Treating alcoholism in psychotherapy
1 streaming video file (130 minutes) : digital, sound, color.
- Psychotherapy -- Case studies.
Substance abuse -- Treatment -- Case studies.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "In this training video, Dr. Stephanie Brown demonstrates her Developmental Model in a therapy session with "Ted," a 48-year-old manager who initially denies that his drinking is related to problems at home and work. While skillfully fostering the therapeutic alliance, Dr. Brown gently but persistently brings alcohol into the focus of the treatment. Brown uses the session to outline the four phases of alcoholism treatment: drinking, transition, early recovery, and ongoing recovery. You will learn how to assess for the appropriate treatment modality; work effectively with denial and resistance; modify your technique to the needs of each developmental stage; integrate Alcoholics Anonymous into treatment; and deal with relapses and other complications and setbacks. Intended for students and practitioners in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, and related health professions." Supplied by publisher.
- Featured expert: Stephanie Brown.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
- Brown, Stephanie, 1944- commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 005 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|