EFT masterclass. Volume 1, Sexual issues / Jeff Hickey, LCSW and Lisa Palmer-Olsen, PsyD.
- Other Title:
- Emotionally focused therapy masterclass. Volume 1, Sexual issues
- [Mill Valley, California] : Psychotherapy.net, 2019.
- EFT masterclass : advanced topics in couples counseling ; 
1 streaming video file (114 min.) : digital, sound, color.
- Emotion-focused therapy -- Case studies.
Couples therapy -- Case studies.
Sex therapy -- Case studies.
- Educational films.
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Broadband with connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or greater; Internet browser; Adobe Flash Player for computer viewing.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Sex therapy has become less medicalized, individual and symptom-focused, and more relational. In turn, couples therapists have become more informed about sex therapy. Because EFT attends directly to issues of security, trust and bonding, it is a natural approach for helping couples to re-ignite their sexual connection. Because couples like Mark and Julie do not typically bring up their sex lives with their therapist, it is the therapist's job to focus on the sexual relationship as bonds of trust, security and attachment are strengthened. Mark and Julie, already in couples therapy with EFT expert and trainer Lisa Palmer-Olsen, took advantage of an opportunity to obtain a consultation session with EFT and sexual issues expert Jeff Hickey. They have grown distant from each other emotionally and sexually. Shared and individual frustrations along with stressors in and outside of their relationship have driven a deep wedge between them. Mark is tired of being Julie's caretaker and struggles with deeply-hidden feelings of rejection, frustration and mortality. A recovering addict who also struggles with her body image, Julie feels like she has failed both herself and Mark, and may be the cause of the couple's sexual problems. Tension, anger, disconnection and non-communication have taken the place of sexual intimacy, emotional sharing and security. They hope Hickey can help. Hickey's masterful use of EFT's focus on underlying attachment issues and dysfunctional patterns will help you address sexuality in your own couples work. His strategic relationship-focused interviewing, use of enactment, psychoeducation and prescribed behavioral techniques will expand your own repertoire of helping skills with couples like Mark and Julie. By opening your own couples work to sexual issues, your couples will rekindle the flames of their own intimacy"-- Supplied by publisher.
- Featured experts: Jeff Hickey, LCSW and Lisa Palmer-Olsen, PsyD.
- Title and description from publisher metadata.
Instructor's manual available for download on landing page.
- Hickey, Jeff, commentator.
Palmer-Olsen, Lisa, commentator.
- Publisher Number:
- 426 Psychotherapy.net
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|