Wave propagation and scattering in random media. Volume 2, Multiple scattering, turbulence, rough surfaces, and remote sensing / Akira Ishimaru.
- Other Title:
- Multiple scattering, turbulence, rough surfaces, and remote sensing
- New York : Academic Press, 1978.
1 online resource : illustrations
- Front Cover; Multiple Scattering, Turbulence, Rough Surfaces, and Remote Sensing; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; PREFACE; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; CONTENTS OF VOLUME 1; PART III: MULTIPLE SCATTERING THEORY; CHAPTER 14. MULTIPLE SCATTERING THEORY OF WAVES IN STATIONARY AND MOVING SCATTERERS AND ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH TRANSPORT THEORY; 14-1 MULTIPLE SCATTERING PROCESS CONTAINED IN TWERSKY'S THEORY; 14-2 STATISTICAL AVERAGES FOR DISCRETE SCATTERERS; 14-3 FOLDY-TWERSKY'S INTEGRAL EQUATION FOR THE COHERENT FIELD; 14-4 TWERSKY'S INTEGRAL EQUATION FOR THE CORRELATION FUNCTION.
14-5 coherent field14-6 plane wave incidence on a slab of scatterers- total intensity
14-7 relationship between multiple scattering theory and transport theory; 14-8 approximate integral and differential equations for the correlation function; 14-9 fundamental equations for moving particles; 14-10 fluctuations due to the size distribution; appendix 14a example of twersky's scattering process when n = 3; appendix 14b stationary phase evaluation of a multiple integral /; appendix 14c forward scattering theorem.
Chapter 15. multiple scattering theory of wave fluctuations and pulse propagation in randomly distributed scatterers15-1 fundamental equations for moving scatterers; 15-2 correlation function, angular spectrum, and frequency spectrum in the small angle approximation; 15-3 plane wave solution; 15-4 limitation on image resolution imposed by randomly distributed scatterers; 15-5 output from receiver in randomly distributed scatterers; 15-6 spherical wave in randomly distributed particles; 15-7 backscattering from randomly distributed scatterers.
15-8 pulse propagation in randomly distributed scatterers15-9 integral and differential equations for two-frequency mutual coherence function in randomly distributed scatterers; 15-10 two-frequency mutual coherence function for the plane wave case; 15-11 weak fluctuation solution of a plane pulse wave; 15-12 strong fluctuation solution of a plane pulse wave; part iv. waves in random continuum and turbulence; chapter 16. scattering of waves from random continuum and turbulent media; 16-1 single scattering approximation and received power.
16-2 scattering cross section per unit volume of the stationary random medium16-3 booker-gordon formula; 16-4 gaussian model and kolmogorov spectrum; 16-5 anisotropic random medium; 16-6 temporal fluctuation of scattered fields due to a time-varying random medium; 16-7 strong fluctuations; 16-8 scattering of a pulse by a random medium; 16-9 acoustic scattering cross section per unit volume; 16-10 narrow beam equation; chapter 17. line-of-sight propagation of a plane wave through a random medium-weak fluctuation case; 17-1 maxwell's equations for a fluctuating medium.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam Available via World Wide Web.
Online resource; title from PDF title page (EBSCO, viewed August 6, 2015).
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Ishimaru, Akira. Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media : Multiple Scattering, Turbulence, Rough Surfaces, and Remote Sensing.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|