Daria Martin : tonight the world.
- Other Title:
- Tonight the world
- London : Barbican Art Gallery, 2019.
- Curve commissions ; 31.
The Curve commissions ; 31
44 pages : illustrations (colour) ; 25 cm.
- Martin, Daria, 1973 -- -Exhibitions.
Video art -- Exhibitions.
Conceptual art -- Exhibitions.
Martin, Daria, 1973-.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Tonight the World' is Jarman Award-winning artist Daria Martin's new commission for Barbican Art Gallery. Martin stages a series of encounters in The Curve drawing from the dreams of artist Susi Stiassni, Martin's grandmother, who fled the Holocaust. Stiassni's extensive dream diaries become the point of departure and return, as Martin reconceptualises The Curve as a space where memory, time and place clash and blend. Martin created two films 'Refuge' and 'Tonight the World' for this installation, captured in this full-colour hardback publication. The book also features an interview with exhibition curator, Florence Ostende and essay by writer and art critic Dr Maria Walsh. Exhibition: Barbican Art Gallery, London, UK (31.01.-07.04.2019).
- The 'paradoxical gift' of another woman's dreams : Daria Martin's 'Tonight the world' / Maria Walsh
Maternal legacies : Daria Martin in conversation with Florence Ostende.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Smidt Family Modern and Contemporary Art Collection Fund.
- Ostende, Florence, interviewer.
Walsh, Maria, writer of added commentary.
Smidt Family Modern and Contemporary Art Collection Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|