The Arverni and Roman Wine : Roman Amphorae from Late Iron Age sites in the Auvergne (Central France): Chronology, fabrics and stamps
- Oxford : Archaeopress Publishing Ltd, 2014.
- Archaeopress Roman Archaeology ; 2
1 online resource (635 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Classical Greek & Roman archaeology
- Large numbers of Greco-Italic and Dressel 1 amphorae were exported to many parts of Gaul during the late Iron Age and they provide a major source of information on the development and growth of the Roman economy during the late Republican period.
- Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: The Auvergne and the Arverni Chapter 3: Greco-Italic Amphorae Chapter 4: Dressel 1 Amphorae Chapter 5: Other Types of Republican Amphorae Chapter 6: Methodologies Chapter 7: The Republican Amphora Assemblages from the Auvergne Chapter 8: Assemblage Comparisons Chapter 9: Provenance Chapter 10: Stamps Chapter 11: Distribution Chapter 12: Modification, Reuse, and Deposition Chapter 13: Associated Material Culture Chapter 14: Conclusion Appendix 1: Catalogue of Stamps, Painted Inscriptions, and Graffiti Appendix 2: Gazetteer of Republican Amphora Findspots in France Bibliography
- Loughton, Matthew
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|