My First Wif : Film by Paul Cox.
- South Melbourne, Vic, Australia : Contemporary Arts Media (distributor), 1984
Footscray, Victoria, Australi : Contemporary Arts Media
1 online resource (97 minutes)
- Local subjects:
- Nijinsky, Vaslaw, 1890-1950.
Cox, Paul, 1940-.
Motion pictures, Australian.
-- Film / Cinema - Australian Cinema.
-- Film / Cinema - Award / Festival.
- Educational Films.
- System Details:
- video file MP4
- My First Wife is about the dramatic collapse of the marriage between John (John Hargreaves) and Helen (Wendy Hughes). It is also a film about our children and the future we offer them. Helen has decided to leave, and it is John who lacks the inner resources to cope with the impending tragedy. Slowly he is sucked into a tunnel of despair - fighting his conservative nature and the romantic memories of his married life. "We must love one another or die" W. H. Auden said in 1939. This sentiment is very much at the heart of the story. My First Wife pleads for more patience, more understanding, more tolerance and more care for our "loved ones", and if the time for parting arrives, to be more careful with the way we say goodbye.
- John Hargreaves (John), Wendy Hughes (Helen), Lucy Angwin (Lucy), David Cameron (Tom), Anna Maria Monticelli (Hilary), Betty Lucas (Helen's Mother), Lucy Uralov (John's Mother), Robin Lovejoy (Helen's father), Charles 'Bud' Tingwell (Helen's Father), Jon Finlayson (Bernard), Julia Blake (Kirstin), Ron Falk (Psychiatrist), Xenia Groutas (John's Sister), Reg Roddick (Priest), Rene´e Geyer (Barmaid), Sabrina Lorenz (Barbra), Christopher Holligan (Bar singer), Linden Wilkinson (Doctor), Tony Llewellyn-Jones (Doctor), Symonetta Dennis (Nurse), Jentah Sobott (Nurse), Terry Rodman (Radio station technician - uncredited)
- Director, Paul Cox ; Writers, Paul Cox, Bob Ellis ; Producers, Jane Ballantyne, Paul Cox, Tony Llewellyn-Jones ; Original Music, Ann Boyd, Rene´e Geyer ; Cinematographer, Yuri Sokol ; Film Editor, Tim Lewis ; Production Designer, Asher Bilu ; Production supervisor, Santhana K. Naidu.
- Cox, Paul, 1940-.
Hargreaves, John, 1945-1996.
Hughes, Wendy, 1952-.
Tingwell, Charles, 1923-2009.
Contemporary Arts Media.
Illumination Films (Australia)
- Contained In:
- Artfilms digital.
- Publisher Number:
- 4105 Contemporary Arts Media
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|