PERFORMANCE [RE]SEARCH: Disappeariences.
- South Melbourne, Vic, Australia : Contemporary Arts Media (distributor), 2007
Footscray, Victoria, Australi : Contemporary Arts Media
1 online resource (35 minutes)
- Local subjects:
- Experimental theater. (search)
Theatre -- Physical / Visual. (search)
Theatre -- Voice and Body. (search)
- Educational Films.
- System Details:
- video file MP4
- The work of Performance [Re]Search is physical theatre at its most taxing and, for those spectators that enjoy challenging work, most rewarding. It is demanding work that investigates the performer's presence and its perception. Each production focuses on the body of the performer as the fundamental artistic material at the centre of a spectrum of all possible materials, and attempts to give visibility to it as a source of creativity. Performance [Re]Search was established in February 1994 by Serge Tampalini, Andrew Robinson and Sarah Cullity in Perth, Western Australia. 4 DVDs available individually and as a set. DISAPPEARIENCES A PERFORMANCE OF DISAPPEARANCE AND ABSENCE DIRECTION and DESIGN: SERGE TAMPALINI PERFORMERS: ANDREW ROBINSON and SARAH CULLITY. Blue Room Theatre, Perth, 1996. Disappeariences was the first work in a trilogy (loosely framed by the title "Experiences of Identity") that explored elements of human experience and the ways in which they are translated or communicated through acts of performance, particularly focussing on those elements of experience that resist being reproduced or mediated. It explored emotional, physical, and sensual absences and disappearances, through subtle motifs as well as extremes of experience. 1996 Please note: this film has an archival quality; however, it is valuable content for research purposes. Other titles available: Crossing Body Shadow Living is a Horizontal Fall Silent Moves
- Performance [Re]Search (Serge Tampalini, Andrew Robinson, Bronwyn Turnbull, Gari-Emma Perry).
- Serge Tampalini.
Performance [Re]Search (Drama group)
- Contained In:
- Artfilms digital.
- Publisher Number:
- 1813 Contemporary Arts Media
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|