- Germany, South Melbourne, Vic, Australia : Arthaus Musik, Contemporary Arts Media (distributor), 1989
Footscray, Victoria, Australi : Contemporary Arts Media
- Art Lives
1 online resource (57 minutes)
- Local subjects:
- Painting, Art, Contemporary, 20th Century.
-- Visual Art - Doco / Interview.
-- Visual Art - Masters.
-- Visual Art - Renaissance to Realism.
- Educational Films.
- German, English, French, Spanish
- System Details:
- video file MP4
- Titian's genius and significance in European art are undisputed. Trained at the Giovanni Bellini workshop and influenced by working together with Giorgione, he came to a masterly use of colour, light and shade. His oeuvre contains everything his times demanded: drama, carnal lust, religious fervour, mythology and portraits. Didier Baussy-Oulianoff takes us to the places where the renaissance artist devised his artworks and painted for the most influential courts. Contemporaries of Titian's, such as Vasari and Aretino, are also featured and we learn that, in addition to being a gifted portrait-painter, Titian was also a highly skilled businessman. Available in English, German, French and Italian languages. Art Lives, from Arthaus, is a powerful and arresting series of documentaries on artists and art movements released for the first time on DVD in the English language.
- Director: Didier Baussy-Oulianoff
- Contained In:
- Artfilms digital.
- Publisher Number:
- 1971 Contemporary Arts Media
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|