- Germany, South Melbourne, Vic, Australia : Arthaus Musik, Contemporary Arts Media (distributor), 1988
Footscray, Victoria, Australi : Contemporary Arts Media
- Art Lives
1 online resource (55 minutes)
- Local subjects:
- Painting, Art, Contemporary, 20th Century. (search)
Visual Art -- Contemporary. (search)
Visual Art -- Doco / Interview. (search)
Visual Art -- Modern Art 1870-1970. (search)
- Educational Films.
- German, English, French, Spanish
- System Details:
- video file MP4
- Francis Bacon revolutionised figurative painting in the 20th century. The English painter unmasked his subjects in a provocative and ruthless manner. Deformed bodies, grimacing faces and the materiality of colour make us aware of brutality and sexuality, existential abysses and the fears of existence. Works like the portrait Pope Innocent X from Velázquez inspired him just as much as Eisenstein's epic film The Battleship Potemkin for his famous motif: the Scream. Author Melvyn Bragg accompanies the painter throughout his day. This begins in his London atelier, leads us on to his favourite pub and ends up in a gambling club in Soho. Available in English, German, Spanish and French languages. Art Lives, from Arthaus, is a powerful and arresting series of documentaries on artists and art movements released for the first time on DVD in the English language.
- Director: David Hinton
- Contained In:
- Artfilms digital.
- Publisher Number:
- 1973 Contemporary Arts Media
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|