Legal geography : perspectives and methods / edited by Tayanah O'Donnell, Daniel F. Robinson, and Josephine Gillespie.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
xvii, 310 pages ; 24 cm
- Law and geography.
Law -- Indo-Australian Region.
Law -- Australasia.
- "This book is the first legal geography book to explicitly engage in method. It complements this by also bringing together different perspectives on the emerging school of legal geography. It explores human-environment interactions and showcases distinct environmental legal geography scholarship. Legal Geography: Perspectives and Methods is an innovative book concerned with a new relational and material way of examining our legal-spatial world. With chapters examining natural resource management, Indigenous knowledge, and political ecology scholarship, the text introduces legal geography's modes of analysis and critique. The book explores topics such as indigenous environmental rights, the impacts of extractive industries, mediation of climate change, food, animal and plant patents, fossil fuels, mining, and coastal environments based on empirical, jurisdictional and methodological insights from Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia Pacific to demonstrate how space and place are invoked in legal processes and contestations, and the methods that may be invoked to explore these processes and contestations. This book examines the role of legal geographies in twenty first century beyond the simple 'law in action', and it will thus appeal to students of socio-legal studies, human geography, environmental studies, environmental policy, as well as politics and international relations"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : what's different about the Australian and Asia-Pacific approach to legal geography? / Tayanah O'Donnell, Daniel F. Robinson and Josephine Gillespie
Challenges in legal geography research methodologies in cross-cultural settings / Josephine Gillespie
Asserting land rights through technology and democratic expression : the effect of the Indigenous Peoples Alliance of the Archipelago v Indonesia case / Cobi Calyx, Brad Jessup and Mona Sihombing
Islam, legal geography and methodological challenges in Indonesia / Christine Schenk
Patent landscaping for Vanuatu : specific legal geographic methods for Indigenous Knowledge protection and promotion / Daniel Robinson, Margaret Raven, Donna Kalfatak, Trinison Tari, Hai-Yuean Tualima and Francis Hickey
Unearthing Maori jurisdiction : a Kaupapa Maori approach to examining Maori engagement in mining decisions in Aotearoa New Zealand / Maria Bargh and Estair van Wagner
Inside-outside : an interrogation of coastal climate change adaptation through the gaze of 'the lawyer' / Tayanah O'Donnell
Legal geography : place, time, law and method : The spatial and the archival in 'Connection to Country' / Lee Godden
Comparative legal geography: context and place in 'legal transplants' / Liesel Spencer
The other is us : conservation, categories and the law / Robyn Bartel
Ask an 'expert' : phenomenology and key informant interviews as a research method in legal geography / Paul McFarland
Sydney's Drinking Water Catchment : a legal geographical analysis of coal mining and water security / Nicole Graham
Lawyers in legal geography: parliamentary submissions and coal seam gas in Australia / David Turton
Energising the law : greening of fossil fuels and the rise of gendered political subjects / Meg Sherval
Exploring the production of climate change through the nomosphere of the fossil fuel regime / Lauren Rickards and Connor Jolley
Space, scale and jurisdiction in health service provision for drug users: the legal geography of a supervised injecting facility / Stewart Williams
Legal geography futures / Tayanah O'Donnell, Daniel F. Robinson and Josephine Gillespie
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- O'Donnell, Tayanah, editor.
Robinson, Daniel F., editor.
Gillespie, Josephine, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Legal geography New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|