Before it is Too Late [electronic resource] : A Dialogue
- London : I.B.Tauris, 2008.
1 online resource (275 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Conduct of life. (search)
- Electronic books.
- Long before it became fashionable to talk of climate change, drought and water shortages, the authors of this lucid and trenchant dialogue were warning that planet earth was heading for uninhabitability. Exchanging viewpoints and insights that have matured over many years of thought, study and reflection, the discussants address a number of critical questions under three broad headings: man and nature, man and man, and the human revolution. One of the authors is a Westerner - a man of many parts, both wartime resistance fighter and leading industrialist, who founded one of the first organisati
- Cover; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; Preface, by Daisaku Ikeda & Aurelio Peccei; Preface, by Daisaku Ikeda; PART I: Man and Nature; VIEWS OF AURELIO PECCEI; Complexity of the Problematique; Collision Course with Nature; Inadequacy of Material Revolutions; A Cultural, Not a Biological, Crisis; Man: From Weakness to Total Control; The Time Scale; DIALOGUE; Limitations Unrelaxed; First Things First; New View of Our Place in the World; Desiccation and Deforestation; Food First, Industrialization Later; Procreation within Limitations; Halting the Hecatomb; Global Deforestation
More AusterityEnergy Projects and Perils; PART II: Man and Man; VIEWS OF DAISAKU IKEDA; Ruler and Ruled; The Nation State and Peace; War and History; Religion and World View; Love and Compassion; DIALOGUE; Spiritual Values; Religion: Is Ecumenism Possible?; Tolerance for the Joy of It; More Communications, Less Communion; Outmoded National States; Peace, a State of the Spirit; Democracy: Yes, No or Maybe; Helping Others Have and Use Liberty; Individual Life, Greater Life; PART III: The Human Revolution; VIEWS OF DAISAKU IKEDA; The Most Important Single Factor; Education, the Second Factor
Stages of ConsciousnessVIEWS OF AURELIO PECCEI; Wrong Course; The Quintessential Question; Grass-roots Movements; Towards Chosen Ends; Developing Unused Capacities; Global Span, Long View; DIALOGUE; Inside, Not Outside; Not a Goal, but a New Course; No Decelerating Now; Education and Learning; More Than Just Doing Things; Obligations First, Rights Later; Their Way; Guide, Not Master; The Varying Revolution; Ideals and Objectives; CONCLUSION; ENDNOTES
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Ikeda, Daisaku.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|