The Cambridge companion to Primo Levi
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Cambridge companions to literature.
Cambridge companions to literature The Cambridge companion to Primo Levi
1 online resource (xxi, 205 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Levi, Primo, 1919-1987 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Primo Levi (1919–87) was the author of a rich body of work, including memoirs and reflections on Auschwitz, poetry, science fiction, historical fiction and essays. In particular, his lucid and direct accounts of his time at Auschwitz, begun immediately after liberation in 1945 and sustained until weeks before his suicide in 1987, has made him one of the most admired of all Holocaust writer-survivors and one of the best guides we have for the interrogation of that horrific event. But there is also more to Levi than the voice of the witness. He has increasingly come to be recognised as one of the major literary voices of the twentieth century. This Companion brings together leading specialists on Levi and scholars in the fields of Holocaust studies, Italian literature and language, and literature and science, to offer a stimulating introduction to all aspects of the work of this extraordinary writer.
- Introduction / Robert S.C. Gordon. Pt. I. Cultures. Primo Levi's Turin / David Ward
Primo Levi's Jewish identity / Nancy Harrowitz. Pt. II. The Holocaust. From If this is a man to The drowned and the saved / Judith Woolf
Primo Levi's Holocaust vocabularies / Marco Belpoliti and Robert S.C. Gordon
Appropriating Primo Levi / Bryan Cheyette. Pt. III. Science. Primo Levi and 'man as maker' / Pierpaolo Antonello
Primo Levi's science-fiction / Charlotte Ross. Pt. IV. Language and literature. Primo Levi's lanaguage / Anna Laura Lepschy and Giulio Lepschy
Primo Levi's humour / Mirna Cicioni
Primo Levi and translation / Zaia Alexander
Primo Levi, the canon and Italian literature / Jonathan Usher.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Gordon, Robert S. C. (Robert Samuel Clive), 1966- Contributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|