Uganda [electronic resource] : Jobs Strategy for Inclusive Growth / Dino Merotto.
- Other Title:
- World Bank other research.
- Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 2020.
- Policy Notes.
World Bank e-Library
- Government document
- Local subjects:
- Agricultural Sector Economics
Employment and Unemployment
Macroeconomics and Economic Growth
Social Protections and Labor
- Trend growth in Uganda's economy has not been fast enough to create enough jobs with higher earnings for one of the world's fastest growing workforces. With almost three quarters of young people still joining the workforce on farms, Uganda's economic transformation into off farm waged jobs in urban areas must be hastened for faster economic growth. This report identifies ten key facts from a Jobs Diagnostic analysis which describe the main jobs challenges Uganda faces. It then sets out policy recommendations for a strategy for jobs and economic transformation which focuses on creating more waged jobs in Uganda, encouraging mobility into better jobs in urban areas, accelerating transformation of Uganda's agriculture, and fostering inclusion into better jobs.
- Merotto, Dino.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|