Pediatric palliative care / edited by Lindsay B. Ragsdale and Elissa G. Miller.
- Standardized Title:
- Pediatric palliative care (Ragsdale)
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
1 online resource (ix, 305 pages)
- Palliative treatment.
Terminally ill children.
Clinical medicine -- Decision making.
- Medical subjects:
- Palliative Care -- ethics.
Terminal Care -- ethics.
Clinical Decision-Making -- ethics.
Third-Party Consent -- ethics.
Pediatric Palliative Care
Section I Goals of Care
1. Whose Decision Is This?
2. Why Is Everyone Giving up on Our Son?
3. Will My Baby Learn to Walk?
4. We Are So Glad She Saw the Beach
5. Can You Go Change the Family's Mind?
6. In the Eye of the Beholder
7. You Can't Tell Him That!
8. You Can't Stop the Machines!
9. I Won't Let You!
10. Time to Stop
11. Is She Dying?
12. Stuck on Life Support
13. How Do We Go Back to Work Now?
14. Always Putting My Needs Last
Section II Symptom Management
15. My Stomach Hurts
16. No Access and Still in Pain
17. My Skin Feels Like It Is on Fire
18. The Withdrawn Child
19. She Won't Stop Vomiting
20. Can't Catch My Breath
21. Why Isn't She Looking at Me?
22. The Lack of Movement
23. Teenage "Bleh"
24. A Sad Side Effect of Cancer
25. My Patient Is Twitching
Could It Be Itching?
26. Is My Baby Feeling Hungry?
Section III Perinatal and Neonatal Care
27. Saying Hello and Goodbye
28. I Feel My Baby Moving
How Is She Incompatible with Life?
29. A Moment Becomes a Memory
30. Tiny Fingers, Tiny Toes
Section IV Adolescent and Young Adult Care
31. A Case of Refusing to Agree
32. I Just Want to Feel Normal!
33. I Need a Refill
34. They're Taking Away Her Health Insurance!
Section V Special Considerations
35. The Unexpected Question
36. A Winding Path
37. Why Is She So Distressed?
38. Maximizing the Time Left
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Oxford Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on April 21, 2020).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the William Pepper Medical Library Fund.
- Ragsdale, Lindsay B., editor.
Miller, Elissa G., editor.
Oxford University Press
William Pepper Medical Library Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Pediatric palliative care (Ragsdale) Pediatric palliative care
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|