MD Aware : A Mindful Medical Practice Course Guide / by Stephen Liben, Tom A. Hutchinson.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XV, 188 pages) : 136 illustrations, 39 illustrations in color.
- Primary care (Medicine).
General practice (Medicine).
- Local subjects:
- Primary Care Medicine. (search)
General Practice / Family Medicine. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This unique, step-by-step guide for instructors offers a comprehensive approach to teaching pre-clerkship medical students -- as well as residents and even experienced physicians -- about the transformational impact of mindful medical practice, or mindful whole person care. Indeed, integrating contemplative practices - such as "presence" and "relationship" -- into medical education is an established but still rapidly growing approach to bringing experiential learning to medical students. This book gives the rationale for administering a mindful medical practice (MMP) course, details the moment to moment process for each of the 7 classes that are outlined, and summarizes a way forward for instructors. Pages of the book can be copied and used in class with students, and there are appendices that include helpful tools a teacher can immediately copy and hand out in each class. Handy, one-page templates are provided at the end of each chapter for teachers to use as a guide while teaching each class. A unique contribution to the medical literature and the increasing focus on mindful medical practice, MD Aware: A Mindfulness-Based Whole Person Care Course Guide for Physicians is not only the ideal resource for teachers interested in setting up an MMP course in a medical school; it is also an invaluable practical guide for any clinician hoping to learn more about the importance and benefits of offering mindful medical practice to patients - and to themselves as healers.
- 1. Introduction
2. Attention and Awareness
3. Congruent Communication (Intra- and interpersonal)
4. Awareness and Decision Making
5. Clinical Congruence
6. Building Resilience
7. Responding to Suffering
8. Mindful Congruent Practice
9. Teaching for Learning that Sticks
10. Live and In Person: One Class from Moment to Moment
11. Conclusion: From Not Knowing to Actualization.
- Hutchinson, Tom A. author., Author,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-22430-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|