Mastocytosis : A Comprehensive Guide / edited by Cem Akin.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XII, 307 pages) : 60 illustrations, 58 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Allergology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This unique book offers an in-depth, best-practices guide to diagnosis and management of mastocytosis, a too-often underdiagnosed disease. Mastocytosis: A Comprehensive Guide will open with a general overview and discussion of mast cell biology, addressing tryptase and other diagnostic markers in detail. Comprehensive diagnostic criteria and classification will follow, with special emphasis on commonly-seen related manifestations: skin disease, pediatric mastocytosis, gastrointestinal indicators, osteoporosis, anaphylaxis, venom and drug allergy, and pregnancy. Mastocytosis will be an ideal resource for not only the allergist confronted with this condition, but for a growing, multi-disciplinary audience of hematologists, gastroenterologists, dermatologists, pediatricians, primary care providers and other clinicians who encounter this disease in their patients. .
- Chapter 1: Mast cell biology in health and disease.-Chapter 2: Clinical approach to a patient with elevated serum tryptase: implications of acute versus basally elevated levels. -Chapter 3: Urinary markers of mast cell disease and their role in diagnosis and management
Chapter 4: Skin disease in mastocytosis
Chapter 5: Pediatric Mastocytosis
Chapter 6: Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Systemic Mastocytosis
Chapter 7: Systemic Mastocytosis and Bone-Related Events
Chapter 8:Anaphylaxis in Mastocytosis
Chapter 9: Venom Allergy and Management in Mastocytosis
Chapter 10: Drug Allergy and Perioperative Management of Mastocytosis.-Chapter 11: Mastocytosis in Pregnancy.-Chapter 12: KIT and Other Mutations in Mastocytosis.-Chapter 13: Management of the Hematologic Disease in Mastocytosis
Chapter 14: Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors in Systemic Mastocytosis
Chapter 15: International Support and Advocacy for Mast Cell Disease Patients and Caregivers
Chapter 16: Mastocytosis: Overview of Diagnosis and Classification. .
- Akin, Cem, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-27820-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|