Lasers in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery / edited by Stefan Stübinger, Florian Klämpfl, Michael Schmidt, Hans-Florian Zeilhofer.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (VIII, 269 pages) : 147 illustrations, 125 illustrations in color.
- Mouth -- Surgery.
- Local subjects:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book provides surgeons with important insights into laser technologies as well as a sound understanding of their current and potential applications within oral and maxillofacial surgery and related disciplines. The opening chapters focus on the relevant physical background, the technology of the typically used lasers, laser-tissue interactions, and the treatment systems. Detailed information is then provided on the various established applications of laser treatments, including in relation to skin and mucosa and the dental hard tissues and bone. Special applications are also described, for example with respect to periodontal surgery, peri-implantitis therapy, photodynamic treatment, holography and additive manufacturing. The book closes by examining technologies that will soon be available for application in hospitals, topics which are currently the subject of research, and laser safety. Beyond surgeons, the book will be of value for engineers and scientists working in the field of medical engineering using lasers. .
- Stübinger, Stefan. editor., Editor,
Klämpfl, Florian. editor., Editor,
Schmidt, Michael, editor., Editor,
Zeilhofer, Hans-Florian. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-29604-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|