The Resident's Guide to Spine Surgery / edited by Joseph R. O'Brien, S. Bobby Kalantar, Doniel Drazin, Faheem A. Sandhu.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XVII, 360 pages) : 50 illustrations, 38 illustrations in color.
Nervous system -- Surgery.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- With an emphasis on set-up and execution and lessons learned from expert practitioners, this concise, practical guide for residents and fellows presents the essentials for both common and complex spine surgery. Proceeding anatomically from the cervical to the sacroiliac, and including chapters on spinal tumors, infection and revision surgery, nearly 40 different procedures are highlighted, from corpectomy, arthroplasty and laminectomy to percutaneous screws, decompression and fusion. Chapters include all the information a resident will need to know: indications and contraindications, imaging and diagnosis, OR set-up and instrumentation selection, the specific operative technique, post-operative protocols, and clinical pearls and pitfalls. Radiographs and full-color intraoperative photographs accompany each procedure. Whether suturing dura or performing a lateral interbody fusion, spinal surgery is a technical pursuit, and having a firm grasp of the details can ultimately determine the procedure's success. Written and edited by veterans in orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery, The Resident's Guide to Spine Surgery is just the detailed, user-friendly resource for up-and-coming clinicians looking to develop and expand their surgical expertise. .
- ACDF set up and approach and decompression
Posterior Cervical Set up
Posterior Cervical Fusion surgery Occiput to C2
Posterior Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion Surgery C3-C7
Posterior cervical discectomy/foraminotomy (MIS)
Thoracic Posterior Instrumentation without scoliosis
Thoracic Posterior Instrumentation with Scoliosis
Anterior Thoracic Decompression and Fusion (Minimally Invasive)
Transpedicular thoracic discectomy
Far lateral lumbar discectomy (MIS)
Lumbar Open TLIF with screws
Lumbar Minimally Invasive TLIF
Lumbar Lateral Interbody Fusion L3-4, L4-5
Lumbar Lateral Interbody Fusion L1-2, L2-3
Lumbar Oblique Interbody Fusion
Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
Anterior Lumbar Disc Replacement
Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Lumbar Scoliosis
Percutaneous Lumbar Screws
Percutaneous Iliac and S2AI Fixation
Anterior Odontoid Screw tips and Tricks
Navigation in spine surgery
Cerebrospinal fluid leak repair
Sacroiliac Joint fusion
Biologics and Healing of Fusion
Infections (surgical strategies)
Revision Lumbar decompression strategies
Revision pedicle screw strategies
Revision cervical strategies revision surgeries
Metastatic tumor stabilization
Intradural tumor resection
Closed and open reduction techniques for cervical fractures.
- O'Brien, Joseph R. editor., Editor,
Kalantar, S. Bobby, editor., Editor,
Drazin, Doniel, editor., Editor,
Sandhu, Faheem A. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-20847-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|