Foregut Surgery : Achalasia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Obesity / edited by Marco G. Patti, Marco Di Corpo, Francisco Schlottmann.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XVII, 317 pages) : 140 illustrations, 123 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- General Surgery.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book provides a state-of-the-art description of the clinical evaluation, diagnosis, management, and treatment of achalasia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, paraesophageal hernia, and morbid obesity. The prevalence of such diseases is increasing worldwide due to higher awareness and improved diagnosis rate. The text is divided in three different parts, each covering detailed surgical techniques of the main foregut operations: achalasia, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and obesity. Written by experts in the field, chapters focus on the preoperative work-up, indications, and technical aspects of each operation. Foregut Surgery proves to be an irreplaceable resource for surgeons, gastroenterologists, medical students, and surgical residents that care for patients with reflux, achalasia, and morbid obesity.
- Achalasia: History
Achalasia: Clinical Presentation and Evaluation
Achalasia and Chagas´ Disease
Pneumatic Dilatation for Esophageal Achalasia
Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy
Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy with Partial (Dor) Fundoplication
Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy and Posterior Partial Fundoplication
Epiphrenic Diverticula: Diagnosis and Management
Persistent or Recurrent Symptoms after Heller Myotomy for Achalasia: Evaluation and Treatment
Esophagectomy for End-Stage Achalasia
Comparison of Different Treatment Modalities and Treatment Algorithm for Esophageal Achalasia
Historical Notes on the Surgical Treatment of GERD
Clinical and Diagnostic Evaluation of GERD
Medical Treatment of GERD
Laparoscopic Antireflux Surgery: Total Fundoplication
Laparoscopic Partial Fundoplication
Management of Paraesophageal Hernia
Surgery in the Morbidly Obese Patient with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
GERD: Other Treatment Modalities
Evaluation and Treatment of the Patient with Recurrent Symptoms
From Heartburn to Lung Fibrosis and Beyond
Endoscopic Treatments for Barrett's Esophagus
Historical Notes on the Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity
Importance of a Multidisciplinary Approach for Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery: Clinical Presentation and Evaluation
Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch
Management of Complications of Bariatric Operations
Tailoring Surgical Treatment for the Individual Patient
Evaluation and Treatment of the Patient who is Regaining Weight.
- Patti, Marco G. editor., Editor,
Di Corpo, Marco, editor., Editor,
Schlottmann, Francisco, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-27592-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|