Case Studies in Emergency Medicine : LEARNing Rounds: Learn, Evaluate, Adopt, Right Now / edited by Colin G. Kaide, Christopher E. San Miguel.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XXIII, 694 pages) : 171 illustrations, 118 illustrations in color.
- Emergency medicine.
- Local subjects:
- Emergency Medicine. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book contains a variety of medical case studies from actual patients presenting to the emergency department. It includes not only typical cases that present to the ED but also less common, yet very important cases that one can't afford to miss. Each chapter begins with a case - or set of cases with typical and atypical aspects - of the disease in question. This is followed by high-value learning points on the condition with introductory/background points, physiology and pathophysiology of the disease, how to make the diagnosis, and finally how to initiate treatment. The cases provide expert discussion with tips and tricks, personal experience with management of each of the cases, and a follow-up description of the outcome of the cases to provide the reader with closure. To supplement each case study, all 67 chapters include a pattern recognition component that identifies the key diagnostic features of the disease discussed. The chapters conclude with a summary of the diagnostic and treatment details of each condition. Using a concise, easy-to-read, bulleted format, the book helps readers to learn, evaluate, adopt new practices, right now (LEARN). Emergency Medicine Case Studies - LEARNing Rounds: Learn, Evaluate, Adopt, Right Now is an essential resource for a variety of emergency medicine clinicians including experienced physicians, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and medical students rotating in the emergency department. Finally, this book can be used as a basis for small group discussions, especially in emergency medicine training programs.
- 1. LEARN Anticoagulation Reversal
2. LEARN Blast Crisis
3. LEARN Intubating LMA
4. LEARN TTP
5. LEARN Necrotizing Fasciitis
6. LEARN Pneumothorax
7. LEARN Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
8. LEARN Vertigo
9. LEARN Fishbone
10. LEARN Good Samaritan Laws-In Flight Emergencies
11. LEARN Congestive Heart Failure
12. LEARN Guillain Barre
13. LEARN Flash Facial Burns
14. LEARN Lightning
15. LEARN Preoxygenation
16. LEARN Occipital Neuralgia
17. LEARN Malaria
18. LEARN Mucormycosis
19. LEARN Steven Johnson Syndrome
20. LEARN Thyroid Storm
21. LEARN VQ Scans
22. LEARN WPW
23. LEARN Tumor Lysis Syndrome
24. LEARN Botulism
25. LEARN STEMI
26. LEARN Low-Risk Chest Pain
27. LEARN Cyanide (Ingestion and House Fire)
28. LEARN DIC
29. LEARN Serotonin Syndrome
30. LEARN Miller-Fisher Syndrome
31. LEARN Organophosphate Poisoning
32. LEARN Heavy Metal Toxicity
33. LEARN Beta-Blocker Toxicity
34. LEARN Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia Purpura
35. LEARN Typhlitis
36. LEARN Homonymous Hemianopsia
37. LEARN Transverse Myelitis.
- Kaide, Colin G. editor., Editor,
San Miguel, Christopher E. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-22445-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|