TV technical operations : an introduction / Peter Ward.
- Other Title:
- Television technical operations
- 1st edition
- Oxford [England] ; Boston, Mass. : Focal Press, 2000.
1 online resource (238 p.)
- Television -- Production and direction.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- TV Technical Operations is an introduction for new entrants to the broadcast industry and is designed to prepare them for working in mainstream television by discussing essential techniques, technologies and work attitudes.The author explores:* the need to develop a professional approach* the occupational skills needed to meet deadlines, work under pressure and within budget* the importance of understanding the potential of broadcast equipment in program making* the need to keep up to
- Front Cover; TV Technical Operations: an Introduction; Copyright Page; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Working in Television; The Broadcast Industry; Occupational Skills; Staff and Freelance Work; Technology and Conduct; Team Work; Television Production; Programme Production; Shot Number System; Studios; TV Production Staff; Location Facilities; Rehearsal; Transmission; Television Engineering; Light Into Electricity; Colour; The Digital Signal; Compression; Charge Coupled Devices; Vision Control; Gamma and Linear Matrix; Multi-camera Camerawork; Introduction to TV Camerawork
The Zoom LensFocus; Camera Controls; Camera Mountings; Camera Technique; Operational Skills; Camera Movement; Picture Making Skills; Composition; Intercutting; Rehearsal; Transmission 1; Transmission 2; Robotic Camerawork; Audio Technical Operations; Introduction to TV Sound; Microphones; Audio Monitoring; Audio Control; Audio Rig; Recording Sound; Audio and Programme Production; Digital Audio; Stereo; Working on Location; Preparation for Location; Operational Checks at Base; Road Craft; Safety; Video Recording Formats; White Balance; Exposure; Time Code; Structure; Shooting for Editing
InterviewsTelevision Lighting; The Nature of Light; Visual Perception; Lighting a Face; Lighting Levels; Luminaires; Controlling Light; Studio Lighting; Vision Control; Location Lighting; Lighting an Interview; Editing; Introduction to Editing; The Technology of News Editing; Insert and Assembly Editing; Time Code; Perennial Editing Techniques; Perception and Shot Transition; Matching Shots; Basic Editing Principles; Types of Edit; Fact or Fiction?; Telling a Story; Structuring a Sequence; Factual Editing; Interviews; Cutting on Movement; Documentary; Vision Mixing
Introduction to Vision MixingVision Mixing Technology; Visual Transitions; Vision Mixing Techniques; Interviews; Production Methods; Opening and Closing; Magazine Format; TV Demonstration; Music Coverage; Chroma Key; Mixer Facilities; Frame Store; Character Generators; In Rehearsal; Working With the Director; Transmission; News and Magazine Items; TV Journalism; Objectivity; Magazine Items; Condensing Time; Structure; Engaging the Audience; Interviews; SNG; Further Reading; Glossary
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780080519821 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|