SOE in France [electronic resource] : an account of the work of the British Special Operations Executive in France, 1940-1944 / M.R.D. Foot.
- Rev. ed.
- Portland, OR : Frank Cass, c2004.
- Government Official History Series
Government Official History Series
1 online resource (583 p.)
- Great Britain. Special Operations Executive -- History.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- Great Britain.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- SOE in France was first published in 1966, followed by a second impression with amendments in 1968. Since these editions were published, other material on SOE has become available. It was, therefore, agreed in 2000 that Professor Foot should produce a revised version. In so doing, in addition to the material in the first edition, the author has had access to previously closed government records, as well as drawing upon his own invaluable wartime experiences and the recollections of those involved.SOE in France begins by explaining what SOE was, where it fitted into th
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; List of Illustrations; Preface; Abbreviations; Introduction; Analytical Table of Contents; Maps; The Origins of SOE; What SOE Was; Recruiting and Training; Communications; Security in France; Politics and the Great Game; Opening Gambits: 1940 1941; Development: 1942; Middle Game: 1943; A Run of Errors: 1943 1944; Pressure Mounting: January to May 1944; A Run of Successes: June to September 1944; Aftermath; Strategic Balance Sheet; Sources; Women Agents; Supply; Notes for Pilots on Lysander and Hudson Pick-up Operations; Report by Jean Moulin, October 1941
Typical F Section Operation OrdersIndustrial Sabotage; F Section Activity Diagram; Tables of Dates; Notes; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|