Practical Web Inclusion and Accessibility [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Guide to Access Needs / by Ashley Firth.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2019.
1 online resource (489 pages)
- Computer programming.
- Local subjects:
- Web Development. (search)
- System Details:
- text file
- The web has to be inclusive. One in five people living in the UK have a disability. From Microsoft’s “inclusive design” movement - creating adaptive controllers for users with a range of disabilities - to Beyoncé’s site being sued for failure to be accessible, the importance of considering access needs is gaining mainstream attention. Recognizing and catering for a range of disabilities in our online platforms is key to achieving a truly inclusive web. You’ll be guided through a broad range of access needs, the barriers users often face, and provided practical advice on how your sites can help rather than hinder. Going beyond advice tailored solely for developers, this book offers potential improvements for designers, developers, user experience professionals, QA and testers, so that everyone involved in building a website can engage with the concepts without the need to understand how to code. Learn about the very latest technology - such as natural language processing and smart home tech - and explore its application accessibly. This book comes complete with practical examples you can use in your own sites and, for the first time in any web accessibility book, access needs experienced by those with mental health disorders and cognitive impairments are comprehensively covered. Applicable to both new projects and those maintaining existing sites and looking for achievable improvements on them, Practical Web Inclusion and Accessibility gives you all the information you need to ensure that your sites are truly accessible for the modern, inclusive web.
- 1. The Accessibility Problem
3. Low vision and Color blindness
4. Motor disabilities
5. Deafness and Hard of hearing
6. Cognitive Impairments
7. Mental Health
10. New technologies
11. Tools and QA
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4842-5452-3 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|