The discovery of natural products with therapeutic potential / edited by Vincent P. Gullo.
- 1st edition
- Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 
- Biotechnology (Reading, Mass.) ; 26.
Biotechnology series ; 26
1 online resource (480 p.)
Natural products -- Therapeutic use.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Although science has discovered effective drugs for many of the diseases that afflict mankind, many human health problems remain untreatable. The search for novel therapeutic agents is always ongoing. This book will describe some of the diverse sources of natural products, such as terrestrial and marine environments; and will review how research has increased knowledge of biological systems and human disease, leading to the design of targeted assays, amenable to high volume screening.
- part I. The source of chemical diversity
part II. New targets for screening assays
part III. Isolation and structure determination of natural products.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Gullo, Vincent Philip, 1950-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|