Character Sketch : A Drawing Course for Costume Designers / Helen Q Huang.
- 1st edition
- London : Taylor and Francis, 2018.
1 online resource (190 pages)
- Fashion drawing -- Technique.
Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- "Character Sketch outlines a theory of costume rendering that explores how a designer conceptualizes and creates a character on the page. Beginning with how to develop a sense of character through active, gestural poses, this book explores and explains the process of drawing and painting from rough sketch to finished rendering. Helen Q. Huang, an award-winning costume designer for more than 25 years, breaks down her process, from understanding body proportions and active poses to applying research and color concepts to renderings. Her step-by-step watercolor painting techniques cover mixing skin tones, blending colors, and applying paint in different methods for a variety of fabric textures and patterns. Showcasing how to capture a character on the page, Character Sketch is a must-read for any costume designer looking to communicate their artistic vision. "--Provided by publisher.
- chapter 1 Creating the Sketch / Helen Q. Huang 黄其智
chapter 2 Water Color Techniques / Helen Q. Huang 黄其智
chapter 3 Putting Skills into Practice / Helen Q. Huang 黄其智
chapter 4 Costume Sketch Gallery / Helen Q. Huang 黄其智.
- Description based on print version record.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9781315709413 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|