Jekel's epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health / Joann G. Elmore, Dorothea M.G. Wild, Heidi D. Nelson, David L. Katz.
- Other Title:
- Epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health
- Fifth edition.
- St. Louis, Missouri : Elsevier., 
1 online resource : color illustrations
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- data file
- Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health is the only textbook that combines the disciplines of medical epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health in one convenient resource. Written by renowned epidemiologists and public health experts, this text presents the information with a clinical focus, using real-life medical examples throughout. With review questions in each chapter to maximize knowledge retention and target key areas of review, it serves as an outstanding resource for USMLE prep - and is recommended by the American Board of Preventive Medicine as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Basic Epidemiologic Concepts and Principles
Epidemiologic Data Measurements
Epidemiologic Surveillance and Epidemic Outbreak Investigation
The Study of Risk Factors and Causation
Common Research Designs and Issues in Epidemiology
Assessment of Risk and Benefit in Epidemiologic Studies
Understanding the Quality of Data in Clinical Medicine
Statistical Foundations of Clinical Decisions
Describing Variation in Data
Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing
Applying Statistics to Trial Design : Sample Size, Randomization, and Control for Multiple Hypotheses
Introduction to Preventive Medicine
Methods of Primary Prevention : Health Promotion
Principles and Practice of Secondary Prevention
Methods of Tertiary Prevention
Clinical Preventive Services (United States Preventive Services Task Force)
Chronic Disease Prevention
Prevention of Infectious Diseases
Mental and Behavioral Health
Introduction to Public Health
Public Health System : Structure and Function
Public Health Practice in Communities
Disaster Epidemiology and Surveillance
Health Management, Health Administration, and Quality Improvement
Health Care Organization, Policy, and Financing
One Health : Interdependence of People, Other Species, and the Planet
Supplement One Health : Interdependence of People, Other Species, and the Planet.
- Description based on online resource; title from table of contents page (Elsevier ClinicalKey, viewed April 20, 2020).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Wild, Dorothea M. G., author.
Nelson, Heidi D., author.
Katz, David L., 1963- author.
Elsevier (Firm), publisher, provider.
- Other format:
- Print version: Jekel's epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|