Immanuel Kant's "Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals" : A Commentary / Dieter Schönecker, Allen W. Wood.
- Cambridge, Mass. [u.a.] : Harvard University Press, .
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Ethics. (search)
History of Philosophy. (search)
Philosophy, other. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- SchöneckerDieter: Dieter Schönecker is Professor of Philosophy at Universität Siegen.WoodAllen W.: Allen W. Wood is Ruth Norman Halls Professor at Indiana University, Bloomington, and Ward W. and Priscilla B. Woods Professor emeritus at Stanford University.
- A defining work of moral philosophy, Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals has been highly influential and famously difficult. Dieter Schönecker and Allen Wood make clear the ways this work forms the basis of our modern moral outlook and how moral law relates to freedom and free will within Kant's overall philosophy.
1. Kant's Preface: The Metaphysics of Morals and the Strategy of the Groundwork
2. Section I of the Groundwork: The Good Will, Duty, and the Derivation of the Categorical Imperative
3. Section II of the Groundwork: Practical Reason, Imperatives, and Kant's Formulas
4. Section III of the Groundwork: The Deduction of the Categorical Imperative
- Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. [u.a.] : Harvard University Press, 2015. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed March 24, 2015)
- Wood, Allen W., author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4159/harvard.9780674736214 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|