After the Flood : How the Great Recession Changed Economic Thought / Edward L. Glaeser, E. Glen Weyl, Tano Santos.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 
1 online resource (304 pages) : 17 halftones, 19 line drawings, 15 tables
- Local subjects:
- José Scheinkman. (search)
asset pricing. (search)
financial crisis. (search)
financial regulation. (search)
great recession. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- The past three decades have been characterized by vast change and crises in global financial markets-and not in politically unstable countries but in the heart of the developed world, from the Great Recession in the United States to the banking crises in Japan and the Eurozone. As we try to make sense of what caused these crises and how we might reduce risk factors and prevent recurrence, the fields of finance and economics have also seen vast change, as scholars and researchers have advanced their thinking to better respond to the recent crises. A momentous collection of the best recent scholarship, After the Flood illustrates both the scope of the crises' impact on our understanding of global financial markets and the innovative processes whereby scholars have adapted their research to gain a greater understanding of them. Among the contributors are José Scheinkman and Lars Peter Hansen, who bring up to date decades of collaborative research on the mechanisms that tie financial markets to the broader economy; Patrick Bolton, who argues that limiting bankers' pay may be more effective than limiting the activities they can undertake; Edward Glaeser and Bruce Sacerdote, who study the social dynamics of markets; and E. Glen Weyl, who argues that economists are influenced by the incentives their consulting opportunities create.
Chapter 1. Introduction / Glaeser, Edward L. / Santos, Tano / Weyl, E. Glen
Chapter 2. Stochastic Compounding and Uncertain Valuation / Hansen, Lars Peter / Scheinkman, José A.
Chapter 3. The Good Banker / Bolton, Patrick
Chapter 4. How to Implement Contingent Capital / Kyle, Albert S.
Chapter 5. Bankruptcy Laws and Collateral Regulation: Reflections after the Crisis / Araujo, Aloisio / Ferreira, Rafael / Funchal, Bruno
Chapter 6. Antes del Diluvio: The Spanish Banking System in the First Decade of the Euro / Santos, Tano
Chapter 7. Are Commodity Futures Prices Barometers of the Global Economy? / Hu, Conghui / Xiong, Wei
Chapter 8. Social Learning, Credulous Bayesians, and Aggregation Reversals / Glaeser, Edward L. / Sacerdote, Bruce
Chapter 9. Finance and the Common Good / Weyl, E. Glen
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 22. Okt 2019)
- Glaeser, Edward L., editor.
Santos, Tano, editor.
Weyl, E. Glen, editor.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7208/9780226443683 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|