Off the Page : Screenwriting in the Era of Media Convergence / Daniel Bernardi, Julian Hoxter.
- Berkeley, CA : University of California Press, 
1 online resource
- Motion picture authorship.
Motion picture plays.
Screenwriters -- United States.
Television writers -- United States.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Off the Page examines the business and craft of screenwriting in the era of media convergence. Daniel Bernardi and Julian Hoxter use the recent history of screenwriting labor coupled with close analysis of scripts in the context of the screenwriting paraindustry-from "how to write a winning script" books to screenwriting software-to explore the state of screenwriting today. They address the conglomerate studios making tentpole movies, expanded television, Indiewood, independent animation, microbudget scripting, the video games industry, and online content creation. Designed for students, producers, and writers who want to understand what studios want and why they want it, this book also examines how scripting is developing in the convergent media, beneath and beyond the Hollywood tentpole. By addressing specific genres across a wide range of media, this essential volume sets the standard for anyone in the expanded screenwriting industry and the scholars that study it.
Introduction. Screenwriting off the Page
1. Millennial Manic. Crisis and Change in the Business of Screenwriting
2. Atop the Tentpole. Hollywood Screenwriting Today
3. Running the Room. Showrunning in Expanded Television
4. New Markets and Microbudgets. "Independent" Storytellers
5. Screenwriter 2.0. The Legitimation of Writing for Video Games
Conclusion. Scripting Boundaries
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 16. Mai 2019)
- Hoxter, Julian, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1525/9780520961043 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|