Stewards of the Market : How the Federal Reserve Made Sense of the Financial Crisis / Mitchel Y. Abolafia.
- Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press, 
1 online resource (192 pages)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Mitchel Abolafia goes behind the scenes with the Federal Reserve's powerful Open Market Committee as it responded to the 2008-2009 financial crisis. Relying on verbatim transcripts of closed meetings, Abolafia shows how assumptions about self-correcting markets stymied the Fed and how its leaders came to embrace new ideas.
Introduction: Making Sense of a Crisis
1. No Crystal Ball: August 2007
2. Textures of Doubt: September-December 2007
3. A Learning Moment? January 2008
4. Improvising in a Liquidity Crisis: March 2008
5. Contested Frames / Competing Logics: April-August 2008
6. Accounting for a Legitimacy Crisis: September 2008
7. Learning after Lehman: September-December 2008
8. The Pathos and Irony of Technocratic Control
Appendix A: Members of the Federal Open Market Committee, August 2007-December 2008
Appendix B: A Note on Methods
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 06. Apr 2020)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4159/9780674245358 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|