Wild Mammals of Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park / Steven W. Buskirk.
- Other records:
- Berkeley, CA : University of California Press, 
1 online resource
- Mammals -- Wyoming.
Mammals -- Yellowstone National Park -- United States -- Yellowstone National Park -- Wyoming.
Mammals -- Yellowstone National Park.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Wild Mammals of Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park provides the scholar, conservationist, and interested lay reader with information on the state's 117 wild mammalian species from grizzly bears to pygmy shrews. It describes the history of mammalogy in Wyoming, the zoogeography of Wyoming mammals, and the prehistoric mammals of Wyoming. It also characterizes the habitats of Wyoming mammals and addresses the conservation and management of mammals in the region. Expanding beyond the traditional field guide, Steven W. Buskirk emphasizes taxonomic classification, geographic range, and conservation status for mammalian species. Introductory sections are provided for each order and family, and individual species accounts organize a wealth of data ranging from habitat associations to field measurements in an easy-to-use format. Featuring color species photos, continental and state-scale distribution maps, and a comprehensive bibliography with nearly 1,000 references, Wild Mammals of Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park is an indispensable resource for wildlife and conservation biologists and mammalogists working in this region.
PART I. The Wyoming Context
PART II. SPECIES ACCOUNTS
APPENDIX: Plant Species and Non-mammalian Animal Species
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 16. Mai 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1525/9780520961951 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|