Birds of Kruger National Park / Keith Barnes, Ken Behrens.
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
- Wildlife Explorer Guides
1 online resource : 500+ color photographs.
- Birds -- South Africa -- Kruger National Park -- Identification.
Birds -- South Africa.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- South Africa's Kruger National Park is one of the largest and most iconic conservation areas in Africa. Habitats range from wide-open savannah and rugged thornveld to broadleaved mopani woodland. This microhabitat variation gives Kruger a phenomenal diversity of some 520 bird species, half of which are resident. From Africa's most extraordinary eagles, like the scarlet-faced Bateleur, to electric-colored glossy-starlings and jewel-like finches, Kruger offers an avian celebration of form and color. It is also a crucial conservation area, supporting South Africa's largest viable populations of vultures, eagles, and large terrestrial birds.This field guide offers a unique window into the world of Kruger's birds. More than 500 stunning color photographs illustrate the 259 most frequently encountered species, and a habitat-based approach assists in identification. The authoritative text provides key information about identification, habitat, behavior, biology, and conservation. The guide contains information likely to be new to even the most experienced birders, but is written in a nontechnical style that makes it accessible to anyone.An essential guide to Kruger's birdsPerfect for new and experienced birders alikeSmall, portable format ideal for field useUnique attractive layout with more than 500 stunning color photographsCovers the 259 most frequently seen speciesUses a habitat-based approach to aid identificationAuthoritative and accessible text provides key information about identification, behavior, biology, and conservationDistributed by Princeton University Press
About this book
The seasons and timing your visit
Map showing the distribution of habitats in Kruger National Park
Map of Kruger National Park and adjacent private concession areas forming the Greater Kruger National Park conservation area
Introduction to the species accounts
Birds of Rivers and Wetlands
Birds pf Plains and Open Woodlands
Birds of Broadleaved Woodland and Camps
Birds of Forests and Riverine Thicket
Birds of Prey and Vultures
Birds of the Air
Scientific Names of the Bird Species Included in This Book
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Behrens, Ken, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400880683 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|