Alice's Adventures in Wonderland : 150th Anniversary Edition / Lewis Carroll; Thomas Banchoff, Mark Burstein.
- 150th Anniversary
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
1 online resource : 19 color illustrations 5 halftones.
- Fantasy fiction, English.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Commemorating the 150th anniversary of one of the most beloved classics of children's literature, this illustrated edition presents Alice like you've never seen her before.In 1865, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, an Oxford mathematician and Anglican deacon, published a story about a little girl who tumbles down a rabbit hole. Thus was the world first introduced to Alice and her pseudonymous creator, Lewis Carroll. This beautiful new edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland features rarely seen illustrations by Salvador Dalí that illuminate the surreal yet curiously logical and mathematical realm into which Alice famously falls.In an informative and wide-ranging introduction, Carroll expert Mark Burstein discusses Dalí's connections with Carroll, his treatment of the symbolic figure of Alice, and the mathematical nature of Wonderland. In addition, mathematician Thomas Banchoff reflects on the friendship he shared with Dalí and explores the mathematical undercurrents in Dalí's work.
Introduction / Burstein, Mark / Banchoff, Thomas
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 23. Mai 2019)
- Banchoff, Thomas, editor.
Burstein, Mark, editor.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400874262 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|