The Great Rebalancing : Trade, Conflict, and the Perilous Road Ahead for the World Economy - Updated Edition / Michael Pettis.
- Updated edition with a New Preface
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
1 online resource
- Balance commerciale.
Balance of payments.
Balance of trade.
Déséquilibres des paiements.
International economic relations.
Relations économiques internationales.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- China's economic growth is sputtering, the Euro is under threat, and the United States is combating serious trade disadvantages. Another Great Depression? Not quite. Noted economist and China expert Michael Pettis argues instead that we are undergoing a critical rebalancing of the world economies. Debunking popular misconceptions, Pettis shows that severe trade imbalances spurred on the recent financial crisis and were the result of unfortunate policies that distorted the savings and consumption patterns of certain nations. Pettis examines the reasons behind these destabilizing policies, and he predicts severe economic dislocations that will have long-lasting effects.Demonstrating how economic policies can carry negative repercussions the world over, The Great Rebalancing sheds urgent light on our globally linked economic future.
Preface to the Paperback Edition
Chapter one. Trade Imbalances and the Global Financial Crisis
Chapter two. How Does Trade Intervention Work?
Chapter three.The Many Forms of Trade Intervention
Chapter four. The Case of Unbalanced Growth in China
Chapter five. The Other Side of the Imbalances
Chapter six. The Case of Europe
Chapter seven. Foreign Capital, Go Home!
Chapter eight. The Exorbitant Burden
Chapter nine. When Will the Global Crisis End?
APPENDIX. Does income inequality lead to unemployment?
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Pettis, Michael.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400852260 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|