The Natural History of The Bahamas : A Field Guide / Dave Currie, Joseph M. Wunderle, Ethan Freid, David N. Ewert, D. Jean Lodge.
- Ithaca, NY : Cornell University Press, 
1 online resource (464 p.) : 768 color photos, 7 b&w line drawings, 1 map, 1 chart
- Natural history -- Bahamas -- Guidebooks.
- Local subjects:
- Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, wildlife, animals, bird watching, natural history, eco-tourism, Caribbean, biodiversity, cruises. (search)
Hiking Guides & Other Travel Guides. (search)
Nature Guides & Natural History. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Take this book with you on your next trip to the Bahamas or the Turks and Caicos Islands or keep it close to hand in your travel library. The Natural History of the Bahamas offers the most comprehensive coverage of the terrestrial and coastal flora and fauna on the islands of the Bahamas archipelago, as well as of the region's natural history and ecology. Readers will gain an appreciation for the importance of conserving the diverse lifeforms on these special Caribbean islands. A detailed introduction to the history, geology, and climate of the islands. Beautifully illustrated, with more than seven hundred color photographs showcasing the diverse plants, fungi, and animals found on the Bahamian Archipelago.
Climate and Natural Disturbance Regime
Conservation and Natural Areas Protection
How to Use This Book to Identify Fungi, Plants, and Animals
Appendix. Dolphin and Whale Species Reported in the Archipelago
Selected References and Additional Reading
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 29. Feb 2020)
- Freid, Ethan, author., Author,
Lodge, D. Jean, author., Author,
Wunderle, Joseph M., author., Author,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7591/9781501738029 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|